A session with me is more than just a photo shoot – it’s a unique experience tailored just for you.
I want to ensure that I give you an amazing experience and capture the most beautiful photos of yourself, your newborn baby and your family. I want to create custom wall art that is uniquely yours and that will last generation to come.
Here is everything you need to know about your session.
The booking fee for the session is $100 and $160 if you require a professional hair and makeup artist.
The session is held in my home studio at 14 Boscaween Street, Rochedale South, Brisbane, or on location within a 20 km radius from my studio. The session includes up to 4 hours of custom styled photography in my studio, a wardrobe styling consultation, the photo shoot and the viewing session with 10 to 35 final images presented.
Maternity Photography Experience
The best time to photograph your maternity session is when you are between 29-37 weeks of pregnancy, with a full & round belly, but you can still move comfortably. I will help you choose your outfits and personalise your session so that it is as unique as you are. You can bring your own wardrobe or you can use my studio wardrobe. The session will include 2-4 different outfits, depending on your package preferences.
The maternity session can be done in the studio or on a location, within 20 minutes from my studio.
During the photosession we can involve your partner and children. Do not get overwhelmed, I will guide you through a series of poses designed specifically for pregnancy. I will connect with you, your partner and family in a way that allows me to capture genuine expressions.
I offer 3 types of maternity sessions:
- Simple Studio Session – organic and timeless images. The wardrobe is usually white or minimal colour pallet.
- Classic Sessions – elegant and classic images. I am using a selection of silk and material draping, maternity gowns and lace robes, as well as your own wardrobe.
- On Location Sessions (within a 20 km radius from my studio)
Newborn Photography Experience
The beginning of a baby’s life is beautiful and mesmerising not only to watch, but also to record.
The best time to photograph a newborn baby is when they are under 2 weeks of age: after 2 weeks the babies are a little harder to settle and things like colic and baby acne are starting to flare up. You can contact me at any time during your pregnancy to give me an estimated due date; we will then make a tentative booking, and when you arrive home from the hospital with your baby you can contact me to arrange a suitable time and day for the session.
I like to have my sessions designed to capture the stretch, the pucker, the wiggles and the silly faces, and that’s why I have a few newborn posing styles:
- Simple Studio Session: your baby is leading the way, he will be stretched on the bean bag or the bed and we will use minimal posing and lots of parent-baby interaction.
- Classic Baby Session: we will use wraps, accessories and props, and the baby will be helped and carefully posed on the bean bag or props.
While I focus on the baby, I make sure that I involve parents & siblings.
Family Photography Experience
There is something special about documenting family life, and I believe this is something that is often left unaddressed.
I offer two styles of session:
- Freestyle Session: this can be outdoors or in the studio. This is a super relaxed session and it is not about looking at the camera, but more about capturing the real you and how the family interacts.
- Classic Session: this is more formal and posed, using backdrops and props with an elegant wardrobe.
Safety Is Paramount
I will never force you or your baby in a pose that is unsafe. Rest assured that we will get a full gallery even if the baby is not sleeping or he has fussy moments. All my sessions are designed in a way that allows for the photos to be changed and lead by your baby.
The viewing & order of products
My single wall art images start at $125 and I offer a collection of hand crafted boxes, albums, different size prints, canvas, wood prints and framed wall art.
Creating beautiful timeless images isn’t a quick process. After your photo session, we will set up a date for you to view your images (usually about 2-3 weeks after the photosession).
At the viewing session I will present you with 10-35 fully enhanced images. All the images are printed on the highest quality professional paper and canvas: these are on display in my studio.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.